Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Musings for Moms... What are we eating?

Recently I have seen a lot more posts on Facebook and on the World Wide Web about how this company or that company is putting harmful things into our food.  For example, the article about the weed killer RoundUp being found in a number of children's cereals, and the very popular Cheerios. 

There is article after article that lists what foods are harmful and which have carcinogens in them and all I can think, once I get past my initial anger about the fact these companies are feeding us poison and could kill us, or at the very least make us very sick is why aren't these companies doing something about it.  

Call me crazy, but if the internet was filled with articles that said my company was feeding people, KIDS, carcinogens, I would be all over that.  First and foremost, finding out how said poisons were getting into my product and putting an immediate stop to it.  Then you do damage control, clear your companies name and ensure the public that the issue has been resolved and will NEVER happen again.  

I haven't seen that though, just the articles stating that there were issues to begin with.  Why are companies not doing anything about this?  Are they just trying to make the most money possible and they don't care that people are getting sick from their foods?

If these reports are indeed true, then these companies need to stop lining their wallets and fix the problems... Immediately.   Companies need to stop taking shortcuts to make profits at the expense of consumers. 




   

No comments:

Post a Comment