Thursday, January 2, 2020

Musings for Moms - Role Models

I can't tell you how much I love seeing stories where sports figures go back to their hometown and do some good.  Last month, two specific athletes stories grabbed my attention.  One New England Patriot (I know) went back to his hometown and paid off all the unpaid lunch debt for the students and another, a Pittsburgh Steeler, paid off 60 layaway's.

I know there are others, and not all are football players, these are just the two most recent examples that I happened to remember.

It shows a good example to the kids out there... despite some athletes saying they aren't role models and should not be treated as such, kids still hold them in that light.  

We need more people out there willing to lend a hand and pitch in when they can.  We need less that act like the recently let go Kameron Kelly .  That diva (is it still diva if they are male athletes?) behavior is a thing of the past.  You are replaceable and when you act a fool and get yourself arrested you will be out of a job.

Last month my sons school had an angel tree for in-need families.  I was able to get a gift for someone that needed it.  All-in-all 32 families received gifts.  It warms my heart that the school was able to help that many families. 


No comments:

Post a Comment