Friday, January 6, 2017

Fake is Fake

Dear Natalie,

You are to much of this
Not enough of that
Doesn't matter your talent or your act
Politics is the iron fist

Give me a little of this and I will give you that
No empathy! No class!
Let's be fake it's a piece of cake
We only think of ourselves
You're sexiest, you're crude, and definitely rude
You're a real class act

I get tired!
I get aggravated!
I see you are fake
I am true thru and thru

Pass me up I will make you regret
I just need that one shot that will make you fret

Best of luck
Best wishes
I will keep you in mind
or maybe even next time

Sincerely,
The forgotten One

Natalie is the author of The Many Colors of Natalie, a book of poetry.  She holds an associates degree in Specialized Technology Le Cornon Bleu Pastry Arts and in her spare time is an artist and percussionist.

No comments:

Post a Comment