Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Musings for Moms - Summer Vacation

I am a month into summer vacation for my boys and we have been doing some fun things to keep entertained.  I like getting them out and about - instead of just playing video games all day long or worse watching YouTube videos about the video games that they play.

I don't understand it... 

We started our adventures on the last day of school with lunch and a movie.  They had a half day of school. I have been doing this tradition with my oldest son for a few years now, and this was the first time my youngest (who just finished kindergarten) joined us.

We have gone to a few more movies since then, went to the history museum, walked around a college campus and got milkshakes.  We've gone to the wave pool and lit off fireworks on the 4th.

We will go on our family vacation soon, but these are just the little memories that I am making with them.  It's fun and we have been enjoying it.

It doesn't matter what you do - meaning if you take them to the park, or take them on some grand adventure... it's that you make the time and the memories, because that is what they will remember when they are older... 

Enjoy the rest of your summer, get out there and do something!

Also, Check out my new site, Musings for Moms, Starting August 1st, I will try to post there a few times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment