Thursday, July 2, 2020

Musings for Moms - Covid

When we were first told to stay at home, it was for two weeks, then it became a month and now here we are three months later.

Thankfully, some of the restrictions have lifted, while others have stayed in place.  During those first few weeks, it was hard to juggle everything and worry about going out to the grocery store and bringing back this sickness and infecting the entire family.

My boys, they have held it together better than most, and I am thankful for their resiliency during all of this.  Online schooling was not always the easiest thing for us to get through, but we managed 12 weeks of online remote learning.  I truly hope that they will be able to go back to school in the fall.  I mean going to their actual schools.  Kids need to be around other kids, and can learn so much more in a classroom environment.  If they have to do some in-class and some remote, fine... whatever to keep the kids safe and healthy.  

Sure, they are on their devices way too much, but they also get outside and ride their bikes and swim.  My youngest learned how to ride a bike without training wheels during all of this.  So I guess that is something.  And we take walks around the block.  

I know my sleep schedule is all messed up, and when I return to work (in office - not at home) it's going to be an adjustment... like that last day of summer before school starts.  

Stay healthy everyone.


Nicole Leckenby is the co-founder/editor of The Holiday Cafe. She works full-time at the University of Pittsburgh and she has two amazing boys at home that keep her busy, along with a whole host of other things.  Check out her website leckenby3.wixsite.com/nicoleleckenby




No comments:

Post a Comment